Our First Half!

Our First Half!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

First Post!

Started training today for my first half marathon! I got my training schedule off of Hal Higdon's website and started today. Did I mention I started today? Okay I'm excited and this may be the only day I will ever be excited about this haha. I was technically supposed to start two days ago but I've been stuck in bed sick for the past week. I started out today by running 2 miles at a pretty relaxed pace (19:42--so just under a 10 min mile). If anyone has heard me talk about this, they know that my goal is to *finish* the half...not finish with an amazing time.

I am super excited as well because one of my best friends, Arpita, is training with me (as is her husband). Our first half-marathon will be on March 20, 2011 in Virginia Beach. This is the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon/Half Marathon and apparently the countdown is at 79 days, 1 hour and a handful of minutes! Woohoo! Can't wait (okay I can wait but I'm hoping that by the time this rolls around we will be all prepared!). We attempted to prepare by running a 5K in October, another 5K in November (Eve Carson Memorial--that is where the picture is from) and a 10K in December. I finished the 10K in about an hour and ten minutes. Not a fantastic time but whatever it was 36 degrees outside and can you say miserable?! Yea...I mean I guess that's what I get for training on a treadmill and then having to do the real thing outside!

On tap for tomorrow: 3 Mile run + Strength...hopefully we can get some followers to keep us on track and make sure we are ready for this milestone (hehe sorry forgive the pun!) ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment