Our First Half!

Our First Half!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What to do when you have a bad day...

Ugh today was awful...I woke up with a migraine and horrible back/neck pain.  I think I'm stressed because of the bar exam application (which I mailed yesterday...yay!) and my body also probably isn't used to all the stress I'm putting on it training for this half.  So today I followed the cardinal rule of training: Listen to your body! I listened to my body and got a massage...then walked for a bit. Training said I should run 2 miles today, and while that definitely didn't happen, I walked for about 35 minutes, and completed 1.46 miles.  It was a really relaxed pace but honestly I don't think I could have done more with how I was feeling...I hadn't left the couch all day except to grab lunch and get a massage and so getting up to go to the gym was the last thing on my mind.  Matt convinced me that if I at least got my body moving and blood circulating it would help me feel better... so I threw on my Reebok Easytones (my fabulous walking shoes that I will have to blog about another time), and got off the couch.  It was pretty miserable at first but I do feel a little better having moved around. 


I watched a little "Without a Trace" on the TV at the gym and read Health Magazine during the commercials... pretty relaxing honestly, I don't know if I should even be blogging about this as a workout.  I did find this really yummy recipe in Health which is a good substitute for a Kir Royale (my new favorite drink that I recently discovered over Christmas break!).  This is the "Skinny Girl" version created by Bethenny Frankel who I ADORE.  I took a picture of it because I didn't want to type it all out while on the treadmill.  So without further ado:  

As far as my training goes, yesterday was a better day... I ran 3 miles at a comfortable pace of about 6mph.  Tomorrow we are scheduled to do another 3 miles so I'm glad I took today as pretty much a rest day.  




"When I'm training for a marathon, I soak in a hot tub every day, and get a weekly massage." --Anne Marie Lauck, two-time Olympian 
Good, she does it too...I don't feel so bad for taking a personal day :)

1 comment:

  1. hope you had a better day yesterday!!! you're amazing and you're going to rock the half marathon. p.s. the champagne cocktail looks aaaamazing.

    ReplyDelete