Our First Half!

Our First Half!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body

Well I'll just start out this post by telling you how I really feel: SO SORE!  My whole body is sore, with the sorest part being my hamstrings.  Apparently I didn't stretch enough yesterday but they are in a constant state of pain.  I will definitely be enjoying my rest day today!  I think perhaps the issue is that I lifted weights yesterday morning and then ran about a mile and a half.  Then, later in the evening I ran another 3 miles because the schedule called for 4 miles on Thursday.  Needless to say, my body is ready for a break.  Anyway, I titled this post "Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body" because I am hoping that this statement is true.  This quote is on a Marines.com water bottle that I got at the Eve Carson Memorial 5K  (It was in my gift bag for signing up for the race).

When I take it with me onto the treadmill, it makes me feel like I am in control of my body, and myself.  I posted about the Marines a few days ago, but that is because they truly are a wonderful source of motivation and inspiration, and this second "mantra" is another example of why.

I have been noticing changes in myself.  I generally feel stronger, and when I run, I feel much more in control of all of my movements and my breathing.  I feel like my abs are in tighter and my arms are more powerful, not to mention that my legs move with greater stride.  I am feeling a change in the way my body moves, even if I don't see the weight falling off.  All things happen with time and I'm not expecting dramatic changes right away.  I work hard during training to get the results I want... and whenever I reach the point where I feel I can't go anymore, I just remember that pain is weakness leaving the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment